Urgent Media Advisory:
RATCHAPRASONG, APRIL 16, 2010: We have received the following credible information indicating the Thai government will attempt to clear red-shirt protesters from Ratchaprasong tonight and continue with their failed attempt of this morning to assassinate UDD leaders.
The information supplied late this afternoon from various reliable sources states:
1. Many ambulances around Rajaprasong this evening even though there are many hospitals in the area.
2. Intelligence report says that weapons are being transported via Sansaeb Canal.
3. Extra war weapons are being brought in from Prachinburi ETA 10 pm at Bangsue.
4. Police Sources report that snipers are being placed on roof tops at Rajaprasong.
5. Soldiers are instructed to wear combat uniforms this evening.
6. Trucks with Amplifiers are being prepared.
7. Chinook Helicopters are being prepared, possibly to transport captured people.
8. Military Barrack at Hat Yai is being prepared for a prison camp.
RATCHAPRASONG, APRIL 16, 2010: Pheu Thai Party (PTP) will conduct a press conference on Saturday, April 17th at 10:30 at the Party’s Head Quarter Rama 4 Road, Bangkok.
As the CAPO and the Military have used all local media to present their own case about the April 10 clashes, they have at the same time banned the red-shirt media from explaining or cross examining the distorted facts they have presented.
This situation violates the basic human rights and the rights of free speech. The red-shirt movement has no other effective means to show their own evidences and explanations of what really happened.
Pheu Thai Party (PTP) would like to invite all foreign press correspondents and bloggers in Thailand to attend a press conference to discuss and hear alternative evidences and explanations.
The press conference will be conducted by:
1. Woravat Auapinyakul, MP, Pheu Thai Party,
2. Colonel Anudith Nakornthap, MP, Pheu Thai Party,
3. Jirayu Huangsub, Deputy Spokesperson, Pheu Thai Party
4. Cholnant Srikaew MD. MP, Pheu Thai Party
5. Titima Chaisang MP. Pheu Thai Party
The Press Conference will begin at 10:30, April 17th.
Posted on behalf of,
Pheu Thai Party