BANGKOK, JUNE 19, 2010: Today, Saturday June 19, 2010 at 1.30pm there will be a memorial service for the people who were killed at Wat Pathum Vanaram on May 18 and 19 2010 by the Thai military after the red-shirts peaceful protest at Ratchaprasong was terminated.
Following the memorial service a media conference will be held comprising people who were wounded at the temple on May 18 and 19 and some of the relative of those who were killed.
Amongst the people attending will be:
1. Mr Buasri Tumma from Chaiyaphome province who was shot in the left foot.
2. Mr.Narongsak Singmae from Cholburi who was shot in the abdomen, thigh and chest.
3. Mr Vasant Sairasmee (Keng) who is the rescue staff and was next to nurse, Kamolked.
4. Mr Tonethong, the head of Siamruamjai rescue foundation who was in the incident.
5. Mrs Payoa Hakhark, the mother of the nurse, Kamolked.
English language translators will be on hand to assist non-Thai speaking members of the media.
We apologize for the short notice but details have been kept confidential due to the current SOE provisions.
There are more than 800 royalty-free, hi-resolution images in our photo gallery